There’s all sorts of advice when doing a general internet search for gum removal. I’ve heard of a lot of things from “icing” it to smearing peanut butter on it. Whatever method you use be prepared to put a little “elbow grease” into it. I have run across a product though that seems to work really well at breaking down gum for full removal and so far it appears that it doesn’t matter how much it has hardened or how long it has been in the carpet. Tea tree oil seems to do the trick. I use a product from the Melaleuca brand of products called Sol-U-Mel. For gum spots I pour a little bit on the gum, wait a minute then put a little bit on a terry towel cloth and start rubbing the spot in a circular motion. You will see the gum starting to break up almost immediately. I also reapply the Sol-U-Mel throughout the process, enough to get the job done. Some of it will stick to the towel so make sure you’re using a rag for this. Results are great and I like the fact that this is a natural product. If you need a referral you can contact me for a great Melaleuca rep.
ServicingWest Marietta, Powder Springs, Mableton, Austell, Smyrna, Vinings
Latest YouTube Video
Testimonials"After Rob cleaned my carpets they looked like new again. He was able to get up stains that had been there for years."
- Carpet Drying and Humidity
- Can You Clean Berber?
- Candle Wax Spill on Carpeting
- Are You Disinfecting Properly?
- Is My Carpet Dirty?
- How Does Carpet Cleaning Help My Indoor Environment?
- Leave Your Shoes at the Door!
- Does Carpet Scrubbing Really Work?
- Does Rain Affect Cleaning Process?
- Are You Allergic To Your House?
- What Is The Sample Program About?
- Extend The Life Of Your Carpet
- What Makes CitruSolution Pricing So Good?
- Clean Advice For Pet Owners
- How Do I Prep For A Cleaning?
- What Is The Dark Area In Carpet Next To The Wall?
- Do You Deep Clean?
- How Wet Does It Get?
- Stain Transfer
- What Makes CitruSolution Valuable?
- Is There Hope For Gum?
- Effective Spot Cleaning
- What makes CitruSolution different from other processes?